Below are images of my printed spreads that have been bound together:
I photographed them on the purple paper in order to get the spread to stand out more. I am very pleased with the end result and the overall design of each spread. I think I have considered what each spread is trying to depict in order to create a narrative for the article. I feel that one of the key strengths of the design is the negative space as I have considered it so that helps to control the pace and direct the eye of the reader. Another strength I believe lies in the hierarchy of each element on the page, each one has been considered so the path of eye is directed.
Overall, I am pleased with my design and the progression of the spreads in comparison to where they began. I believe that I have used a range of techniques to achieve the end result which has all been built up throughout the course of the year. I have tried to push myself beyond my comfort zone and have really tried to be ambitious with my imagery and layouts in order to push the way I design forward and develop my skills. Going forward I do believe that i will have a lot more confidence in tackling a brief such as this. I have thoroughly enjoyed the project and have particularly enjoyed editorial design.
Going forward I will take the skills I have learnt and apply them to future projects, particularly in regards to type detailing and hierarchy. I do think that I should have tried a few more layouts in order to fully explore my concept. Nonetheless, I am pleased with the end result.