Updated Type Specimen Project

In response to the feedback I received on my type specimen poster, I went back to make various changes in order to try and improve the overall design.

Here is the final piece:

Type_Specimen_01

Based on the feedback I received, I have made a few alterations to the type specimen. The biggest change I have made is extending the letters behind the letter g to stop it feeling so restricted and confined. I have also given some space between the ‘Morris Fuller Benton’ and the ‘1902’ from the extended descender.

However, these changes were implemented not long after Christmas, after receiving my feedback, but upon further reflection now, I still think that the title and letterforms can be pushed further. I think that there are some changes that can be made to strengthen the piece further. I don’t think I fully explored the feedback. Something I aim to resolve.


Unfortunately, I went to try and refine it further but as my laptop has recently broken I was forced to use the computers in the Graphics studio, which did not have Franklin Gothic on any of the machines. Matt tried to help me resolve this but was only able to find one weight meaning I could not make the appropriate adjustments.

This is what it looked like:

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 11.49.01.png

As its clear to see in comparison to the one above, this is drastically different and does not look anywhere near as good as the image above.

Advertisements

Author: marislathamgraphics

I am a student at Cardiff Metropolitan University studying BA Hons Graphic Communication.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s