Based on the feedback I received for my ephemera piece, I went about trying to improve my design.
Here is the final piece:
So to improve the design, I have tried to experiment and play with some more of the titles – especially Felix Pfaeffli and Hey Studio. I have also enhanced the callouts by changing some of the words grey and layering key words in order to break them up and enhance what they’re trying to say. I have gone through my type detailing – particularly my rag as that was a problem previously. Finally, I have tried to enhance a sense of hierarchy by making my sub-headings bolder and allowing the callouts to play more in the space.
In comparison to the previous design I do think that it has improved. Although I haven’t made very large changes, I think that the changes I have made have improved it greatly. I think that the altered titles have changed the space and made it much more eye catching. I think that this helps with hierarchy and has made it more playful and experimental. I also think that the callouts look better from before because they’re more playful and the different tones help to enhance what is being said. I feel that the design reflects the content – something I didn’t really consider previously and so looked as if they’d just been placed on the page. They now feel more considered in my opinion.
Overall, I am pleased with the new final outcome. I think that I have responded to the feedback well and have taken more time to consider the small details, which is what I believe has made all the difference.